Yes I Can Handyman is not your average handyman service. We have a team of over 30 experienced and licensed contractors that combined can build and maintain your property from the first step of excavation to the final detail of decorating and everything in between. We pride ourselves in the quality of our work and, best of all, we are affordable. So for your next project or task on your to-do list give us a call – and don’t forget,at Yes I Can, IF WE CAN’T DO IT, NO ONE CAN!
Our team consists of licensed professionals ranging from builders, electricians, plumbers, and the list goes on. There’s no job too big or too small for us to handle, and all our services are backed by a professional quality guarantee so you have the peace of mind that it will be done right.
We provide a huge range of services. We will have you covered, including assisting you with a household task that you may need help with, such as replacing a light bulb that’s hard to reach, mounting a new flat screen TV on the wall, assembling new furniture that you’ve purchased, heavy lifting such as moving bedroom furniture or taking out large boxes into storage. Our friendly team will ensure that your to-do list is completed in no time at all, so you can enjoy the exiting parts of life. So, what are you waiting for? Call us call us now toll-free for a free quote!
Our services include:
- flat packed furniture assembly
- leaking taps and small repairs
- gardening and outdoor maintenance
- hanging TV on wall
- hanging items on walls
- regrout leaking shower
- wall patching and painting
… and much more!
Why choose us?
- We are fully licensed and insured.
- We have the capability to cater to all jobs.
- We have our own architects and private certifier.
- We have over 30 licensed and professional tradesmen.
- We provide services for residential, commercial and retail properties.
- We are fully insured and ASIC registered.
Handyman Service In Sydney - When Do You Need One?
If you are a confessed DIYer, for sure there are times when you thought you could do the job, but ended up doing more damage than fixing it. So you might be in a situation where you are contemplating hiring an expert this time. If this is where your mind is at right now, then you should consider hiring a handyman. If this is the first time you ever needed a professional to do the repairs for you, choosing one can be daunting. If you are still unsure, let this article guide you on whether you need a handyman Sydney, a contractor, or maybe it would be safe to do it on your own.
Handyman vs. Contractors: Which One Do You Need?
It can be difficult to differentiate whether you need a handyman or a contractor, especially if this is the first time that you think you need one. These days, contractors and handymen seem to offer somewhat the same type of services. But these two options are different. The scope of their jobs is not the same.
Handymen are preferred if it’s for a smaller job. They are known to do any type of work that a single person can do. In addition to that, they also provide their tools without any extra charge, which makes them finish their task more efficiently. However, for bigger projects, homeowners prefer to call a contractor who has people working for them.
The Right Time To Call A Handyman
Now that you know the reasons why you should hire a handyman in case you need a helping hand, it is time to determine if when is the right time to call one for help? When choosing a handyman, you have to pick those with know-how in different areas. Someone who has experience in various types of jobs - from plumbing, simple carpentry work, cleaning gutters, repairs, and so on.
Some handymen can even do more than just that. So here are the essential jobs that every handyman can do for you:
- Caulking. If you have gaps in your winds and doors, then it needs a new application of caulk. You need this to improve your energy efficiency to cut down your utility charges. And this is another task that you can add on your list for the handyman to do.
- Gutter Maintenance. It is a simple task that you can do on your own. But if you do not have the time, call a handyman. It is safer instead of entrusting this job to a neighbor who nominated themselves to do it for you. Handymen have the right equipment to do the job right. They are experienced and trained to avoid injury and possible accidents.
- Home Repair (Exterior). If you notice minor damages outside of your home, a handyman can fix it. The weather can cause that, or simply wear and tear that just needs to be maintained. A handyman’s charge would be more cost-efficient instead of hiring a specialist who can charge you more for a simple job.
- Installing Fixtures. It might be a small task for some, which a DIYer can do on their own. But if you do not have the right tools and you want to avoid causing any problems, then hiring a handyman would be a practical decision. If you hire an expert, you know that they are getting the job right without incurring any damages.
- Minor Plumbing. Most handymen have experience with minor plumbing jobs. It can be repairing a leak or installing new fixtures. However, if you need to have a more complicated job to be done, like relocating your lines, then it should be done by a contractor or a licensed plumber.
- Painting Jobs. Small painting jobs and touch-ups is an easy task for a handyman. But for painting jobs, the handyman might charge you by the hour. So make sure that you have an agreement when it comes to this.
- Repair Decks And Porches. Weather can cause wear and tear on your decks and porches. So if you need to replace some broken boards, apply a sealant or finish, or even upgrade it for safety, you can call a handyman.
Why Hire A Handyman?
Trying to decide whether to hire a handyman or not? Remember that having a trained handyman can be beneficial to you. So to help you decide, here are the most important reasons why you should consider hiring one for a repair or maintenance task at home:
- Save Time. You might enjoy tinkering on things that you can fix, but if you do not have the time to do it, then you should hire a handyman instead. Having a busy schedule mind be difficult for you to squeeze into your schedule some repairs that need to be done.
- Save Money. There is nothing wrong with trying to fix things on your own. If you do not have the experience with particular issues and you try to fix it, then you are lucky if you can do it without any help from an expert. However, when you end up causing more problems, the repair can be more costly. And if you just take the problem for granted and wait until it gets worse, then that can be a huge financial issue in the future.
- Safety Is A Priority. Some of the repairs might be too complicated for you. If this happens, it is easy to take for granted your safety and also of the others around you. When doing maintenance or repair, you are at risk of falling off a ladder, using wrong chemicals, cutting the wrong wires, and so on. A handyman knows what he is doing. They are aware of the hazards of each project. So they know how to prevent any of this from happening.
- A Handyman Is An Expert. One of the reasons why many homeowners choose to let a handyman repair anything that needs f at home is because, they know that these individuals are not only well-trained, but also experienced in repairs like plumbing, roofing, electrical, and even woodworking. Hiring an expert can assure you that they get the job done right.
- Avoid Stress. If you decide to hire an expert, you are removing one stressful problem off of your shoulders. You can just sit back and relax while the handyman does the fixing for you. From the renovation, maintenance, repair, and clean-up, the handyman will take these responsibilities.
- They Have The Right Tools. One of the things, why a handyman can do the job faster and more efficiently, is because they have all the right tools that they needed. And this is what a regular DIYer does not have. Yes, you might have some of the tools that you need. But the handyman has its specialty tools that can make them work faster and safer.
When To Check For Handyman License?
When hiring a handyman, do you need to check for a license like you do when hiring a contractor? You have to understand that handymen do not need any license in many areas. The exception is when they do construction work, sewer, excavation, and land alterations. In these cases, then they should present you with a general contractor’s license.
Also, you would need to ask for their license if the job asks for it—for example, plumbing or electrical work. Most of the time, the handyman would need a license when they need to hook up to the city utilities. But if it’s a simple repair or installation, then it would be inappropriate for you to ask for their Handyman Sydney license.
Tips When Hiring A Handyman
Most handyman charges at an hourly rate. In addition to that, they also charge for material costs depending on the work that needs to repair. To help you pick the right person for the job, you need to shop around for the best in Sydney. You can look online or ask for referrals from your family and friends. Once you have chosen a handyman, what some homeowners, they list the things that need to repair so that the handyman can do everything on a single visit.
Make sure that you watch out for scams. Get a contract in writing to protect you and your property. Also, ask for a guarantee. Before you let the handyman go, take the time to inspect the completed work. Ensure that everything is up and running. What you should pay must be the price that you initially agreed upon, unless there are additional work or materials needed that were not listed beforehand. As much as possible, you do not want a back job. But to be sure, ask for a guarantee because some offer a one year guarantee with their work.
Hiring a handyman can be confusing at first. But if you know what you are looking for and you are aware of the job that needs repair, this should be easy for you the next time. Still, make sure that you know if you need a handyman and not a contractor. And this will save you and the handyman time, money, and effort.
- Bathroom Renovations
- Building Inspections
- Construction Services
- Custom Wardrobe
- Decks & Pergolas
- EXTENSION & RENOVATIONS
- FENCING SERVICES
- Frameless Pool Fencing
- Frameless Shower Screens
- Handyman Services
- High Pressure Cleaning
- Home Renovations
- Kitchen Renovations
- Mowing & Garden Maintenance
- Pool Maintenance & Repairs
- Property Maintenance
- Tiling & Flooring
- Tree & Stump Removals